Spring has sprung, and you know what that indicates: we’re now trying to get submissions for our annual law revue video contest. Very last year, 13 law universities submitted 27 videos for the contest. Some of them were being funny, some of them were being “meh,” and some of them created us want to near our heads inside of our laptops. Believe in us when we say that you do NOT want to be in the previous category.
But if you consider you can have a tune or notify a joke, we request that you deliver us your pretty best law revue videos so that we — and the Above the Regulation audience — may pass judgment upon them. Prepare yourselves for the worst, but hope for the best (that’s what we’ll be doing, considering the fact that we hope we may be looking at loads of Cardi B, Taylor Swift, and Despacito parodies).
Individuals accountable for the successful video will get Above the Regulation prizes and the enjoyment of knowing they’re the envy of all their law college brethren. As for the losers… Unhappy! There’s constantly future year….
Prior to you commence sending us your videos (some of you presently experimented with), we’ve obtained some policies. As long run users of the lawful job, we hope you will be able to comply with them.
The formal policies have not adjusted from previous year. They are:
- Your video need to be publicly offered on-line somewhere. Mail us the backlink at firstname.lastname@example.org with the issue line “Law Revue Video Contest Submission – [School Name].” We’ll acknowledge submissions of any videos posted immediately after April 18, 2017 (the deadline for previous year’s contest).
- To prevent complaints from rivals (see, e.g., West Virginia’s 2013 successful entry), your most important performers need to arrive from in the law college local community (but cameos from outsiders are alright). How do we outline a “primary performer”? Do not check us, gunners. We’ll know a violation when we see it.
- Mail us that submission by WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, at 5:00 P.M. (Japanese time). That is not a soft, law college deadline it is a really hard, law agency deadline. (NO EXCEPTIONS, so really do not even check out pleading with us if you’re reading this article immediately after the deadline, you really do not browse ATL usually adequate.)
- We will acknowledge “studio recordings” of scenes meant for stay efficiency.
- Your editors listed here at ATL will make a listing of our favorites, the competition finalists, and article them.
- We will NOT view videos lengthier than 5 minutes. Use enhancing applications, people today.
- Please post no additional than two entries for each college (1 for each college is even much better). Attempt to collaborate with your fellow college students and post no additional than two entries. If the leadership of Regulation Revue can arrive up with “official” submissions, that would be great.
- ATL viewers will then vote to decide on the funniest of the finalists. The successful team will receive ATL prizes (limit five prizes).
Here are some unofficial policies:
- Please deliver funny videos only.
- You have no concept how brief our interest spans are. If you use the comprehensive five minutes, it much better be completely freakin’ HILARIOUS.
- Gratuitous shout-outs to Above the Regulation are appreciated and encouraged.
- Video good quality matters. A shaky clip shot on a handheld from a 3rd-ground balcony is most likely not heading to make the lower.
- Do not make us hate you.
Mail those videos in. Most effective of luck — the competition is fierce, and you will will need it!!!
Previously: Prior Regulation Revue Video Contest protection
Staci Zaretsky has been an editor at Above the Regulation considering the fact that 2011. She’d adore to hear from you, so be sure to really feel totally free to e-mail her with any strategies, thoughts, opinions, or critiques. You can comply with her on Twitter or hook up with her on LinkedIn.