The Centre for Small business and Professional Laws of Nationwide Law Institute University, Bhopal (“NLIU”), in collaboration with Trilegal, is organizing the once-a-year NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Company and Professional Laws on 24th and 25th of August, 2018.
The existing edition of the summit is an effort and hard work to carry on the productive legacy of the earlier editions, in an expanded structure masking all regions of company and business guidelines.
Authors ought to be pursuing their LL.B. (Hons) / LL.B. / LL.M. from any recognized college to be suitable to take part in the Summit.
- Company Governance in India
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Inbound and outbound mergers
- Analysis of landmark mergers and forecasting traits for long term M&A exercise
- M&A exercise in critical sectors
- Foreign Financial investment (Non-public Equity/Undertaking Cash and Credit card debt Devices)
- Rising forms of expenditure this kind of as REITs and InvITs
- Liberalisation of current expenditure routine (this kind of as single and multi-model retail, changes to FPI routine)
- Analysis of statutory changes (e.g. new FEMA 20)
- Banking & Insolvency Law
- Rise of Non-Carrying out Assets in the economic system
- Operating of IBC and emerging traits
- Credit card debt restructuring in India
- Introduction of P2P Lending in India
- Securities Law
- Cross-Listing of Stock Exchanges
- Rise of IPOs in niche sectors this kind of as insurance policy providers, financial institutions
- Pattern of failure of IPOs in Indian market
- Rising traits in white collar criminal offense (lawful developments and current examples in insider trading)
- Regulatory overhaul of selected segments this kind of as derivatives, FPIs
- Competitors Law
- Exemptions and Submitting Norms for Mergers and Amalgamations
- Antitrust aspects in the acquisition of Monetarily distressed providers
- Competitors Law in a Digitized Economy – Comparative investigation of Competitors Law in India and overseas jurisdictions
- Financial theories and proof in Competitors Law
- Rising present-day lawful concerns similar to-
- Systems this kind of as Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and First Coin Choices
- Data Privateness aspects of economical information and facts
The above regions of legislation and sub-themes are indicative in nature. The participants are totally free to pick an inter-disciplinary subject matter involving a single or more of the above regions of legislation or sub-themes, offered that it suits within the contours of the theme of the Summit.
The Summit shall witness fifteen paper shows (overall quantity, together with essays and content articles) that shall be selected soon after an intense assessment procedure to be done jointly by CBCL and Trilegal. The participants may perhaps undertake any suitable implies for presenting the papers together with audio-visual aids, PowerPoint shows and so forth.
The fifteen selected manuscripts shall be posted in a commemorative ebook. The top rated two shows in the two categories will be conferred with rewards. The presenters at the Summit shall also get a certificate acknowledging their participation as a delegate.
Additionally, for the quite to start with time the Summit shall contain a counselling training course done by companions from Trilegal, completely for the shortlisted participants! All through the session, the participants can appear forward to critical career suggestions from famous company practitioners, exceptional option to be taught right by the companions and a must have networking opportunities.
Submissions can be produced underneath the next categories:
- Posts: Manuscripts underneath this class really should be 4000-6000 phrases extensive dealing with an situation in-depth and demonstrating a comparatively larger level of investigation. Co-authorship of papers (highest two) amongst people of very same or various institutions is permissible.
- Essays: Manuscripts remaining submitted underneath this class really should both cover a current growth or be situation-particular within the term limit of 2000 to 3000 phrases. Co-authorship is not permissible.
Kindly note that the term limit is exceptional of footnotes. Rigid adherence to the term limit is extremely approved. Citations ought to conform to requirements laid down in the Bluebook: A Uniform Method of Citation (20th 2015). Submissions ought to use only footnotes as a sort of quotation. Substantive footnoting is permissible.
The next structure ought to be adhered to:
- Title: Occasions New Roman, dimension-15, Daring, 2. line spacing, centre-aligned.
- Abstract: Occasions New Roman, dimension-11, Italicized, 1.5 line spacing, justified, Margins of 2..
- Major Body: Occasions New Roman, dimension-12, 1.15 line spacing, justified.
- Heading: Occasions New Roman, dimension-14, Daring, 1.5 line spacing, centre-aligned.
- Sub-headings: Occasions New Roman, dimension-13, Italicized, 1.15 line spacing, centre-aligned.
- Footnotes: Occasions New Roman, dimension-10, 1. line spacing, justified.
- Margins of a single inch (2.54 cm) on all the four sides.
Submission ought to be accompanied with a masking letter together with writer(s) name, e mail id, cell quantity and school name. Submissions ought to only be in electronic sort sent via e mail. All submissions ought to be in .doc or .docx structure and ought to contain an summary of 250-300 phrases exceptional of the term limit.
We are very pleased to lastly announce the a great deal awaited prizes for the NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Company and Professional Laws taking place on 24-25 August, 2018!
The next are the prizes for the greatest contributions to the summit (together with any essay or report entry)
- I Prize: An all-expenditures-compensated 3-day journey to a Foreign location!
- II Prize: A one month compensated internship with Trilegal
- III Prize: A a single month compensated internship with Trilegal
Registration & Submission Deadline
- All papers ought to be submitted on or ahead of 10 July 2018 (11.59 pm). E-mails for submission and any other clarifications really should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The e mail ought to contain the next paperwork, in addition to the manuscript and personal information and affiliation of the writer(s):
- An originality assertion, signed by the writer(s), declaring that the manuscript is the primary get the job done of the writer(s)
- A copyright assertion, signed by the writer(s), whereby the writer(s) agrees that the copyright in the get the job done shall vest with CBCL.
- Authors whose papers are selected for presentation in the Summit shall be necessary to pay an volume of INR 1000 for single writer entries and INR 1500 for co-authored entries. The Centre shall provide accommodation to all the participants.
- Arshia Verma (Convenor, CBCL): +91-7049729766
- Rohan Kohli (Co-convenor, CBCL): +91-9617950534
- Shounak Banerjee (Secretary, CBCL): +91-9911425727
For more updates about the Summit, observe the NLIU-Trilegal Summit website page and the CBCL website page on Fb. For brochure, click on listed here.
This submit was to start with posted on: Could 16, 2018