Shielding and monetizing intellectual home (IP) in the hashish industry is an crucial but demanding stage for most companies. The market place is highly dynamic and competitive, and in addition to point out and nearby principles, federal legislation generates an strange atmosphere. Quite a few hashish companies have recognized substantial market place share via the creation and leveraging of intellectual home. Other people have been served demand from customers letters or lawsuits mainly because their branding allegedly infringes on existing secured IP – no matter if owned by hashish companies or non-hashish companies. As a company hashish legislation agency serving the cannabis industry since 2010, we have seen just about each and every achievable scenario.
On Thursday, May 17, at 12pm PST Harris Bricken will existing a lunch-hour webinar entitled “Navigating Mental Assets in the Cannabis Industry” to assistance you achieve a high-amount knowledge of hashish IP and how to use it. Vince Sliwoski will average a dialogue by intellectual home attorneys Alison Malsbury, John Mansfield, and Mike Atkins, who will present a thorough overview of what you want to know to defend your hashish model. The attorneys will cover topics these types of as the following:
- Classes of items and companies qualified for IP safety
- Federal protections accessible to hashish companies
- The value of copyrights, trade secrets, patents, and trademarks to your hashish business enterprise
- IP hurdles hashish business enterprise house owners usually come across
- IP licensing, both of those within just point out borders and across point out strains
- How to stay clear of hashish IP disputes, and what to do in the circumstance of a dispute
Thoughts will be taken all through the presentation. To sign up for this free webinar, remember to go in this article. We glance ahead to this dialogue!