Enhanced access to the World-wide-web has performed a significant part in how media industries and governments control the media and the regulations bordering it. Several have predicted that the World-wide-web will make borders fewer appropriate, still a lot of states continue on to control both established media (print, broadcast) as effectively as new media, leading to concerns about human rights.
The module explores the pertinent obstacle posed by the ‘information society’ in our contemporary planet. We will look into the more and more globalised and integrated media industries, seeking to the rule of law and to countrywide authorized systems.
Subjects protected will incorporate media regulation, electronic commerce, human rights, worldwide governance of the World-wide-web, and disputes in between states as to the extent to which countrywide regulations apply to transnational messages and transactions. Learners will also be released to the ground breaking investigate taking spot in the media@uea centre and encouraged to talk about the authorized systems of their personal nations.
Field visits may possibly incorporate:
Pay a visit to and tour of Royal Courts of Justice and The Supreme Court docket.
By the end of this module students will:
- Have developed their knowledge of the part of law (ranging from human rights to business) in managing, influencing or encouraging varieties of expression and communication.
- Have learnt to respect the differences in between media and in between distinctive technologies from authorized, social, cultural and financial points of check out.
- Learnt to demonstrate how courts and legislators try out to ‘balance’ competing interests e.g. speech and privacy, countrywide tradition and transnational marketplaces.
Learners must have expert some review of law but not automatically a law degree. Learners must also occur outfitted with an curiosity in discovering about Global Media and Communications Regulation.
University student Knowledge:
To uncover out what researching Global Media and Communications Regulation at UEA Intercontinental Summer months Faculty is like, examine out the site article prepared by María Emilia who attended the programme in 2017.
“UEA Intercontinental Summer months Faculty was the fantastic prospect to gain worldwide awareness and to slim the distances between countries and continents” María Emilia, Uruguay
How to apply
Implement on the net on this site.
The subsequent details must be uploaded with your on the net application variety or provided by e mail as shortly as achievable following submission:
- An formal model of your most up-to-date educational transcript
- Proof of English language proficiency, if you are non-native English speaker
- Copy of the photographic site of your valid passport
The final application deadline is 1 May perhaps 2018.
Make contact with
Mobile phone: +44 ()1603 592255
Simply click listed here for the formal site connection.
This article was initially published on: March 11, 2018