P-PIL ( Promoting Public Interest Lawyering) is a main aspect of IDIA’s CHAMPS (Creative, Holistic, Altruistic Maverick and Problem Solvers) undertaking. More facts on P-PIL can be located on this website here.
Considering that its inception, P-PIL has taken up a number of noteworthy general public desire leads to, the latest getting the filing of a general public desire petition before the Delhi Superior Court docket getting the governing administration to endeavor for numerous facts breaches related to the Aadhaar database and seeking payment.
P-PIL hired its 1st general public desire fellow previously this yr. And is now looking to employ the next fellow. The Fellow will be tasked with all of P-PIL’s key functions and will engage in a essential role in shaping its long run. An indicative record of duties of the Fellow is as beneath:
- Researching, drafting and supporting the filing of general public desire petitions
- Liasing with lawyers who argue the instances we file and briefing them etcetera.
- Functioning on other advocacy initiatives from time to time
- Supervising IDIA’s student investigate and coverage teams in the preparing of investigate stories, information and journal content, consultation papers etcetera.
The applicant ought to be a regulation graduate and ought to be passionate about general public desire litigation and advocacy. Prior experience in dispute resolution/litigation is desirable, but not required. 2018 graduates are welcome to apply.
Will be commensurate with expertise and experience, and on par with similar positions in the non-financial gain sector.
How to apply
Mail an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the adhering to issue line: “Application for the position of P-PIL Fellow”. Along with your email, please connect your CV and the adhering to files:
1. limited assertion/protect letter of not a lot more than 500 words on why you are a appropriate prospect for the position and
2. producing sample (posted or unpublished) of not a lot more than 2000 words on a lawful matter.