* According to Rudy Giuliani, if special counsel Robert Mueller concerns a subpoena, Donald Trump “[doesn’t] have to” comply with it. After all, “[h]e’s the president of the United States. [He] can assert the same privileges other presidents have.” And he has no plans to make it possible for Trump to sit for an job interview with Mueller — Giuliani won’t make it possible for him to “walk him into a prosecution for perjury.” Admitting during a Tv job interview that your shopper is a liar? Look at. [Washington Post]
* And that’s not all, folks! According to Rudy Giuliani, despite the fact that he has “no knowledge” of it owning happened, Michael Cohen may perhaps have compensated hush cash to other gals — comparable to cash that was compensated to Stormy Daniels — to get them to stay silent about their alleged affairs with Donald Trump “if it was required.” [CNN]
* So, about Morrison & Foerster’s $100 million “mommy track” lawsuit: The firm’s running partner, Larren Nashelsky, has commented on the allegations, stating that MoFo is “somewhere among dissatisfied and angry” simply because “[i]t’s just not who we are, it is not what we worth and it is, in reality, not how we run.” [American Lawyer]
* Of course a Biglaw partner owns the horse that received the Kentucky Derby. Congrats to both of those Justify and C. Edward Glasscock, chairman emeritus of Frost Brown Todd, on their huge gain during the 1st leg of this year’s Triple Crown. [American Lawyer]
* Sylvia Bloom, a authorized secretary who retired from Cleary Gottlieb immediately after functioning at the agency for 67 yrs, amassed a $9+ million fortune by buying the same stocks as her boss. In her will, she directed that the the greater part be donated for university scholarships. Be positive to thank your maybe-millionaire secretary these days, every person. [New York Times]
Staci Zaretsky has been an editor at Previously mentioned the Law considering that 2011. She’d adore to listen to from you, so remember to come to feel free of charge to e mail her with any strategies, concerns, responses, or critiques. You can adhere to her on Twitter or connect with her on LinkedIn.