Previous week, Santa Cruz County hosted two public conferences to examine the County’s route towards regulating industrial cannabis cultivation, producing and distribution in just the County. The County presented a good deal of data for those people interested in pursuing these non-retail industrial cannabis licenses that we’ll outline in this post.
One of the most considerable proposals is a suggestion that task-stage environmental evaluate be required in lieu of Board certification of the latest draft Environmental Impression Evaluation, which supplied exhaustive assessment of the existing and proposed industrial cannabis business in Santa Cruz County. This usually means that just about every foreseeable future non-retail industrial cannabis license would be viewed as a individual task, and would be topic to discretionary land use allow evaluate and associated environmental evaluate centered on site-particular circumstances.
The County also presented a proposed closing Santa Cruz County Code (SCCC) 7.128, as perfectly as amendments to SCCC 13.10 which will provide to control all non-retail cannabis cultivation, producing and distribution in Santa Cruz County. SCCC 7.128 will establish operational prerequisites for cannabis companies as perfectly as a cannabis licensing system. And the amendments to SCCC 13.10 will establish zoning limitations and land use allowing prerequisites for cannabis companies.
The Preparing Commission will fulfill all over again on February 28th to evaluate proposed mitigation, checking and reporting measures in the type of a Best Management and Operational Procedures System (BMOP) as perfectly as an enforcement program. According to the County, the BMOP will tackle issues like use of rodenticides, grading limits, fencing prerequisites, community compatibility (lighting, site screening, and so on.), and biological surveys amongst other matters.
The subsequent is an overview of some of the vital improvements to these proposed ordinances:
- New canopy limits
- Co-site of licensees will be probable in all zones topic to particular limits and CLO official approval
- Master planned amenities will be probable in all zones topic to particular limits and CLO official approval
- There will be limits to exercise on Timber Creation zoned homes, like no additional than .25 acres of new enlargement for any cannabis-similar advancement, land clearing or grading.
For makers, the County will give three licenses sorts:
- Class 1: Infusions (no extractions of any form)
- Class 2: Non-volatile extractions and
- Class 3: Unstable extractions.
And the subsequent is an overview of some of the proposed improvements to the SCCC 13.10 zoning ordinance:
- All cannabis exercise will demand a discretionary allow in addition to a license (findings ought to be manufactured and circumstances of approval could be attached, and permits will be processed at the very same time as purposes).
- Where ever probable, the allow process for cannabis exercise mirrors the process for similar sorts of non-cannabis activities.
- The exercise authorized and the kind of allow required relies upon on 1) the zone district 2) the kind and scale of the exercise and 3) no matter whether the house is city or rural, and in or outside the house the Coastal zone furthermore a 1 mile buffer.
We will be subsequent developments in Santa Cruz County closely, and assume to have additional data subsequent the Preparing Commission’s meeting on February 28th. Continue to be tuned.