TECHREPORT Series: Social Media & Blogging

Each and every 12 months, the ABA Legal Engineering Source Center (LTRC) publishes TECHREPORT—a assortment of quick-to-examine breakouts of the annual ABA Legal Engineering Survey Report, just one of the top surveys on how lawyers use engineering. Practitioners, firms, and legal tech businesses alike can use TECHREPORT to get a greater grasp on legal engineering developments and predictions.

Today’s excerpt is from the “Social Media and Blogging” report by Allison Shields. Click in this article to obtain the full report.

This 12 months also observed an improve in respondents who noted that they personally maintained a legal subject matter website, from 8% in 2016 to 12% in 2017. 15%  of solos, 14% legal professionals from firms of 500+ lawyers, 11% from firms of 2-9 lawyers, and 10% of lawyers from firms of 10-49 legal professionals report that they personally sustain a legal subject matter website.

Of those who personally sustain a legal website, 76% do it for client development, 47% due to the fact they get pleasure from creating and outreach, and one more 47% report blogging for occupation development/networking. Of those bloggers, 43% overall report that they have experienced a client keep their services specifically or by way of referral as a end result of their blogging exercise. 28% have not experienced a client keep them, and one more 28% are not absolutely sure whether their blogging exercise has contributed to the retention of a client.

Seeking nearer at these outcomes, of legal professionals in firms of 500+ lawyers who personally sustain a legal website, 80% report having purchasers as a end result of their blogging exercise, and the remaining 20% had been not absolutely sure. Attorney-bloggers in firms of 2-9 or 50-99 legal professionals every single noted a better than 50% success fee in client retention as a end result of blogging.

Amid respondents who website on legal subject areas, weblogs are most commonly up-to-date month-to-month (46%) or weekly (26%). A full 20% of bloggers who responded to the 2017 Survey had stopped updating their weblogs, and 5% of respondents possibly update their website every day or have an individual else update their website on their behalf. Legal professionals are most most likely to have an individual else update a website for them if they are in firms of 100+ lawyers just one-third of respondents in firms of 100-499 legal professionals, and 20% of bloggers in firms of 500+ legal professionals gave this reaction.

Two methods legal bloggers may well improve their blogging success fee are by submitting to their weblogs more often and interacting more with their visitors and with other weblogs. In my working experience, when bloggers are not placing the vital time and energy into their weblogs, or see their weblogs as mere motor vehicles for disseminating facts, this restrictions their visibility and achieve, which in transform restrictions referrals. A significantly greater approach, as O’Keefe suggests, is to use blogging as a signifies to have interaction and collaborate with some others.

Click in this article to obtain the full report.

Shares 0

Post Author: gupta

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *